Sunday, November 1, 2009

What will you do with your extra hour?

I had great plans to sleep in this morning. I really thought I would because I was exhausted by the time I got to bed last night. But, I didn't sleep well, and woke up right before my alarm usually goes off during the week. So...I'm up and blogging.

After 2 days of doing almost nothing, I think I overdid it a little yesterday. I cleaned most of the house, did some grocery shopping, and went over to the school to practice for awhile. It might not seem like much, but I think it was too much for me. I don't feel well this morning. Stupid!

So...I will probably use my extra hour this afternoon for an extra long nap.

Or...since it is the first day of NaNoWriMo, I might start work on my novel. I just have to decide which one I want to do. Should I do the one about shape-shifting dragons, time travel, and saving the world from a Dragon of Chaos with plans to rule the human race?

OR

Should I write about the girl with psi powers who was raised in a cult that abused her until she buried her talents so deep she may never again regain full control. She just found out that her biological father (that she never knew) is the man responsible for the war and he has plans for world domination. Only one person is powerful enough to stop him, and she can only do that if she finds a way to access and control her own gifts.

I was leaning toward the second idea since it is basically a re-telling of last year's story but from a different character's perspective. I know the world. I know the plot. I know the characters (and I'm excited to write last year's good guys as the people standing in her way). But, it's going to be really dark. That's good because it will help me write through some of my own darkness and frustration that I'm dealing with. It's bad because I don't know that I want to deal with depressing stuff all month. If I go with this option, I'll have to find a way to add some light scenes, maybe as memories or something.

The advantage of doing the dragon story is that I have pages and pages of character and plot notes, plus I really like the idea. The down side is that since this is my first work with these characters and their world, I don't really know them or how their world works yet.

Worst case scenario, I could write a book within a book. Whenever I get bored with one story, one of the characters can read a favorite novel.

Maybe I should just stop writing this and get to work on a novel.



-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment