Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Overwhelmed

Today was the first day back to work after 5 days off. Originally my plan was to get a lot done over that long weekend, but my body had other plans. I'm still not sure if it wad a mild cold, or allergies plus other not so wonderful fibromyalgia symptoms. All I know for sure is that for 4 of those days I basically did nothing but sleep, eat, watch videos, and read. Yes, I really did need the rest, but when I got to school today and saw how many things need to be done in the next couple of weeks, I had to take several deep breaths so I wouldn't freak out.

I saved the freak out for when I got home. It's a good thing I don't drink. As it is, my using food (especially sugar and chocolate) to self medicate may kill me almost as quickly as alcoholism. At least my chocolate binge tonight was dark chocolate. I had lots of flavanol antioxidants.

I can make it to Christmas break, I hope. I hate living like this, but I'm just going to have to do the most important stuff and let the rest slide. And take a lot of deep breaths.


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment