Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tai Chi and Lieder


This definitely counts as a "not quite what you'd expect" moment.  

Last night I forgot to take my CD player to tai chi class.  Not a big deal.  I had my computer with me and I had a Deuter album on iTunes that I really like to listen to while doing tai chi.  You can listen to samples from each of the tracks with the link to amazon, or you can get an idea of what the whole thing is like from this. 


So, I got to class, turned on the computer, started the music, and then greeted the students as they arrived.  Class went very well, and we were just getting ready for one final run through of the form, when suddenly the Deuter was over, replaced by another German.   


I've been sharing tai chi principles and even some of the forms with my voice students.  It's actually been quite helpful.  I just never expected to share Dietrich Fischer-Diskau with my tai chi students.  

No comments:

Post a Comment