Saturday, December 8, 2012

Attitude Adjustment

I hate December.  To be fair, some years are better than others, but so far, this is not one of them.  Winter is not my season.  It's cold.  It's dark.  It's slippery.  I drink gallons of water, but my skin still dries out.  I use super-duper-heavy-duty-can't-get-any-stronger cream, but my heels and finger tips crack.  I put on lip balm and lotion at least once an hour.  I become the queen of static.  I fry the display on the thermostat when I forget and touch it before I touch some metal to get rid of the shock.  

There are too many things to do in December.  Parties.  Shows.  Recitals.  Concerts.  College recommendation letters.  College audition recordings.  Shopping for Christmas presents.  Planning for January events.  Basically, I just want to crawl in bed between my flannel sheets and under my four heavy blankets,  and just stay there until Spring.

I've decided that I don't want to hate December or winter anymore, so every day, I am going to find something to like, or something that brings me a little inspiration or peace.  Plus, I'm going to post about it.  My updates may show up here, or on Facebook, or on one of my other blogs, but I'm committing to changing my attitude, at least for a few minutes a day.  I can do this.

Today, I shared the FB post of an author I adore, Anne Lamott.


No comments:

Post a Comment