Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

It's my birthday, but other than lunch with my co-workers, I'm not really doing anything special.  It's the story of my life.  My birthday is often on a day when I have several other things to do.  During the 40,000 years I spent in college (undergrad and grad school), it always seemed to fall during finals week.  Today I taught 13 voice lessons, took care of some business stuff, and I'm going to the musical that my high school students are in.  I was supposed to go Sunday, but that performance was cancelled due to snow.  So here I am.  14ish hours at school on my birthday isn't so bad.  On the plus side, I did take a tai chi break today and practiced the form for the class I'm subbing for on Saturday.  Yes, it's work, but it is a different kind of work and helps me focus and relax, so it was wonderful.

Tomorrow is a light day (all I have to do is get the car fixed, write a convention session proposal, pay my taxes, teach one lesson, clean my house, and get a massage), so maybe I can fit in some fun birthday celebration then.

I'm tired and rambling.  Signing off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment