Sunday, September 13, 2009

Plans for November

Yes, this is about what I am doing in November. You might ask why I'm telling you now. I'm telling you because I want you to work it into your November plans.

For the last several years I have been a participant in National Novel Writing Month. If you go to nanowrimo.org and click on "About" you can learn more about it. Basically, the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. One of the things I love about it is that because you have to write so quickly, you have to give up perfection and just get the words written. It's very freeing for me to turn off the internal editors and just write for fun. Yes, a lot of it is garbage, but occassionally you get in the zone and come up with something really good.

So, what are you doing in November? Do you want to join the craziness?

1 comment:

  1. That actually sounds kind of fun. I do my best writing when I am not thinking about what I doing, and worrying about who is reading it.

    ReplyDelete