Thursday, October 15, 2009

Doing what needs to be done

I didn't have to go to work today so I decided to let myself sleep in. And sleep in I did. The alarm went off at 10:15, and who knows how long I would have slept if it hadn't. That is so unlike me. I must have really needed the rest.

Today I had the furnace, heating vents, and dryer vents cleaned. A bird's nest was completely blocking the dryer vent. No wonder the laundry was taking so long to dry.

Apparently I didn't get enough sleep last night. I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon.

I couldn't force myself to go to the gym tonight, but I really needed some exercise. Tonight I walked while reading, taking a break at the end of each chapter to do some speed walking, stretching, wall push ups, or core work. During those breaks I also checked my memorization on my German songs.

Even though I did a lot of sleeping today, I felt pretty good about the fact that I was able to get done what needed to be done.

During the next couple of long weekends, I need to get a few other things done that I've been putting off, like buying a new bed and getting the carpets cleaned. Sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet and do it.


-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment: