Monday, May 18, 2009

Why don't I learn?

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post about how the Lord likes to remind me who gave me my talents and what he wants me to use them for. I had 5 performances coming up and was fighting allergy related laryngitis. All the performances were fine, not my best, but good enough. When we do what we can, the Lord really does take care of the rest. I've learned that. Can I have my voice back now?

This week it is my body that is sending me serious reminders. When I don't put my physical health first and put the time I need to into good nutrition, exercise, and adequate rest, my body decides to force me to rest. When I don't take care of myself, I get sick. It's like my body says,"I need rest and if you don't give it to me, I'm going to force you to take it. I don't really like those germ guys any more than you do, but I'll let them have control if that is the only way I can get what I need."

I know this, so why do I keep letting myself get to this point. At least this time my body only pulled in the "germ team" and the "pain team". It's had to do worse to get me to pay attention.

Why can't I learn to listen when the Lord and my body speak quietly and give little hints that something needs to change? I know it. Now, let me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment