Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer plans

Although it's not officially summer until school is out on June 11th, I've been planning for some time now.
I always start registering students in May for their summer lessons. I'm hoping to do just 3 or 3-1/2 days each week. We'll see how the scheduling actually works. During my downtime on those days, I'll clean out files, redo handouts, and create a plan for the 2009-2010 school year.

Since I don't have any long distance travel plans this summer, I'm going to take at least one 3 day weekend and go somewhere.

I'm also starting a Friday morning brunch group with some voice teacher friends. It will be fun to connect and talk and share ideas.

The big project of the summer--Start some real research on teaching voice lessons to students on the autism spectrum. I've already made a few contacts, and I'm really looking forward to this.

Finally, I'm going to do things that nourish and strengthen my body and soul. I'm going to exercise every day--I really do enjoy it when I'm not exhausted to begin with. I'm going to eat lots of fresh, raw, locally grown foods. I'm going to spend time with people that I care about, talking about things that interest me. I'm going to spend time in the sun (and use gallons of sunscreen.) I'm going to make the time to be still, to find my center, to feel peace. I might even clean my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment