Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Resolutions

There are many other things that I probably should do for 2015, but these are things I really want to do, and they all fall into one category:  Me.  That doesn't me that it will be a selfish year.  It just means that I'm not writing down all the other stuff.  It also means that I'm finally realizing that if I don't take care of me, I can't do anything for anyone else.

Personal Care and Enrichment

  1.  I love to write.  I really do.  But that daily writing thing is what other people think that I should do.  My goal for this year is when I feel inspired to write ASAP, and not put it off thinking that I'll get back to it later.  
  2. Read because I want to.  Read some fluff, read some challenging things, read whatever I feel like at the moment.  
  3. Do something, even a very little something, towards keeping my house more organized and clean.  (Don't hold your breath on this one.)  
  4. Work on staying gluten free and on limiting chocolate, sugar, and milk.  Feeling better is the focus.  I'd love to get back to salad every day.  My body would love it too.  
  5. Listen to my body and know when enough is enough.  I'm doing plenty of exercise.  I just need to be patient and not push too hard.  
  6. Improve the frequency and efficiency of my practice.  Singing.  Piano. Tai Chi.  
  7. Daily spiritual feasting which may include, but certainly is not limited to:
    1. poetry
    2. music, especially hymns
    3. study of religious texts
    4. listening to podcasts
    5. This awesomeness:
      1. This FB page has been active for awhile. https://www.facebook.com/chieko.okazaki.lds/timeline
      2. Feminist Mormon Housewives just announced that they will be running weekly blogs focused on Sis. Okazaki's work. http://www.feministmormonhousewives.org/…/the-teachings-of…/
      3. And someone shared this today. http://chiekkookazaki.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment