Sunday, August 11, 2013

Today's Adventure

Sometimes the universe has other plans.  Today I had what could have been a very bad experience.  But as you will see from my lists below, overall, the scales tip towards good.

Bad news:


  • I had a flat tire today. 
  • Although I'm quite capable of changing a tire, I just really didn't feel like doing it in a dress.  Plus I was just lazy.  
  • It took over 7 minutes for anyone at Roadside Assistance to even answer the phone.  
  • After that I had to wait at least 90 minutes before someone came.  
  • My phone battery was lower than 50%, and because I didn't want to run it down, I didn't even check FB, or blog, or surf the internet while I waited.  

Good News:

  • The flat tire wasn't quite as much my fault as I thought it was.  (Long story.)
  • I had my cell phone with me, so it was easy to call Roadside Assistance.  
  • Because it is part of my insurance, I didn't have to pay anything extra for the help.  
  • Because I knew I needed to get to my spare tire, I cleaned out the trunk of the car.  
    • I found my good gloves and hat that I hadn't been able to find all last winter.  
    • I found my box of special pens (multiple colors and kinds) that I bought a few years ago for NaNoWriMo, but haven't seen in a couple of years.  It was like Christmas!
  • I had plenty of change to walk across the parking lot and buy a water from the vending machine after I finished the water I had with me.  
    • Plus, I found a 1946 nickel in my change.  I always keep coins that are older than I am.  It might not be worth anything, but it is fun to have.  This coin was in circulation before my parents were born.  
  • I have been sunshine deprived lately, and it was a beautiful day to be outside.  The temperature was moderate.  The sun was shining, and there was a light breeze.  Plus, there were a bazillion birds around to watch.  
  • When I was cleaning out the trunk, I found the Armor All wipes, so I cleaned the dash, the instrument panel, and I got all the disgusting stuff out of the cup holder.  My car looks so much better.  
  • I also cleaned out the glove box and found two flashlights with dead batteries.  I guess it's a good thing I always have my phone with me to use as a light.  Must find new batteries tomorrow.  
  • Since I had those awesome pens and a notepad, I did a little writing while I waited.  
  • I planted some tai chi seeds.  I mentioned that I taught tai chi and the Auto Rescue guy said he was interested in learning more about it.  I told him a little, and then wrote down some places where he could find information about classes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment