Thursday, May 17, 2012

Simple Goals

It's been one of those weeks.  You know, the ones where you can only deal with the next crisis and you don't have the time or energy to deal with planning anything beyond that.  I've stopped for take out or stopped at a grocery store every night this week.  Why?  Because I don't know what tomorrow will bring, so I just get food for dinner and something to take for lunch the next day.  Before I go to bed, I check to see if I have a towel for morning and clean clothes to put on in the morning.  If I don't have anything, I throw a load in the washer and put the stuff in the dryer when I get up in the morning.

It works.  Sort of.  It definitely qualifies as Barely Sufficient (my new strategy for not doing more than my body can handle.)  But I can't live like this for forever, so here are my goals for next week.

Buy 2 dinners and 2 lunches with each take out or grocery store trip.

Wash 2 days worth of clothes (instead of whatever I will wear the next day and whatever else is in the hamper and similarly colored).

I can handle that.  Right?  Sure I can.  And if not, there are only a few more weeks of this craziness before I start my summer schedule and try to resume normal human life.

No comments:

Post a Comment