Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Goodbye Dark Chocolate M&Ms

Last night at Tai Chi, my nose was running a lot. I was also having trouble breathing which has never been an issue when doing Tai Chi.

Today, I've sneezed about 5,000 times and used 10,000 Kleenexes. People around me have been sick, but this definitely feels more like an allergic reaction than a cold. At first I thought it might be something in the sweater that I am wearing for the first time this season. But now, I'm not so sure. The sweater is not connected in any way to last night's issues.

So what is the common factor? I hate to say this. I wish it wasn't so. But the common factor is Dark Chocolate M&M's. I had some last night before class. I ate a few on my way to school. I had several (OK, several handfuls) with my lunch, after which I had the most sneezing, runny nose and watering eyes problem of the day. That's what gave it away. The symptoms were going away, so I just used the last few to test my theory, and sure enough, the allergy symptoms just increased.

I guess I just have to switch back to Peanut Butter M&Ms that don't make me sneeze (or quit completely, but that's a little extreme don't you think?)

-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment