Thursday, November 17, 2011

Good things about winter

1. No bugs to clean off the windshield.
2. Flannel sheets and a huge pile of blankets. I love the feel of my flannel sheets and wish they weren't so hot or I'd use them in the summer too. And I love the feeling of being buried under several heavy blankets. If I wasn't so cheap, I'd turn the AC way up in the summer and sleep this way year round!
3. Adding sweaters (and therefore layering) to my wardrobe means I don't wear the exact same outfit too often.
4. ????

Help me here people. I know I had at least one other item. There has to be something else good about winter. My aunt suggested I move to Florida. It's not realistic for me right now, but for the next few months, I might just dream.
-- Posted from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. It's so awful that it actually makes you appreciate things like humidity or bugs on your windshield? Not it? Sorry, I'm trying....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a heaping pile of blankets too. But I actually love winter. I love hot chocolate. I love looking out at the whiteness. I love icicles. I love warming up my cold nose with a mittened hand. I love scarves, especially my wooly red one that is way too long. I love pants. I love seeing my breath... etc. I don't like Florida. I've been there several times to visit my sister and I don't like it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I was just missing the humidity a bit. My skin is already so dry that I have to use "Lasts 24 hours" lotion several times a day and it's only November.

    OK, I will admit that sometimes the snow looks pretty, as long as I am inside and don't have to be in it. And long pants and longs skirts means that if I don't get my legs shaved as often as I would like to, nobody else will know. And hot chocolate and hot cider are wonderful on a cold day and not so great when it's 90 degrees.

    ReplyDelete