Thursday, July 21, 2011

Today's profound thoughts

Just in case you were starting to think that I have amazingly deep and profound thoughts all the time, I've decided to share a little of what normally goes on in my brain.

I am a reader. I don't even really try to read, but I notice things and read them whether I want to or not. Today while stuffing my face with potato chips, I happened to read the bag:
"MADE WITH ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS"
First of all, if we're not supposed to type in all caps because that is like yelling at someone, why do companies use all caps on their labels?
Second, though I appreciate their efforts to avoid all that nasty artificial stuff, I'm eating potato chips. If at this moment I really cared about putting only the best in my body, I wouldn't be eating potato chips. There are no "healthy" potato chips. Some just kill you slower than others.

Then turning to the back of the bag, I see "It all starts with farm-grown potatoes" and "farm-grown potatoes" is in bold.

Number 1, I am from Idaho and should probably know the answer to this question, but help me out anyway. Can potatoes be grown in greenhouses? I thought the options were a farm or a garden.

Number 2, Why are they emphasizing farm-grown? Is that supposed to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside? There are some wonderful farms, and some farms do horrible things to the environment (and the food they grow). Which kind of farm did these potatoes come from?

Yes friends, these are the kind if thoughts that fill me head most days. I'm so glad I have all of you to occassionally inspire me to deeper things.

-- Posted from my iPhone



1 comment:

  1. Perfectly logical thoughts. All inspired by a bag of chips. :)

    ReplyDelete