Thursday, July 14, 2011

10 things I've Never Done

Today a friend posted something on Facebook and said something like "it was even more awesome than hp7.2." I wondered what new computer/software/gadget release I had missed. A few hours later I figured it out--the new Harry Potter movie. Most of my "cool" friends either went to the midnight showing or will see it this weekend. I've never been to a movie on opening weekend. Usually I wait until it's at the cheap theatre or on DVD. If I do make it while it's at the first run theatre it's usually a few weeks into the showing and there are at most 20 of us in the theatre. I don't like crowds, and I don't function well enough late at night to ever enjoy a midnight movie. And all that got me thinking about things that most of my friends do quite regularly that I've never done. So here's my list of 10 things, and no, my life is not empty or pathetic without them. I'm quite happy, thank you.

1. I've never been to the midnight opening of a movie.
2. I've never been to a rock concert. (The closest I've been to anything like that has been concerts by Linda Eder, Mandy Patinkin, and Riders in the Sky. BTW, those were three separate concerts, they didn't all perform together, although that would definitely be interesting.)
3. I've never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld.
4. I've never been to NYC to see shows.
5. I've never been to LDS General Conference in Salt Lake City.
6. I've never had a desire to sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (but it is pretty awesome to have friends in the choir.)
7. I've never had any piercings; even my ears are unpierced.
8. I've never dyed my hair (but I did use colored hair gel and had numerous perms in the 80's.)
9. I've never been to Mexico.
10. I have never even come close to using all the minutes and texts allowed on my cell phone plan (and I have the cheapest plan available.)
Bonus one--I've never spelled theatre with er at the end instead of re. Call me a snob and maybe a movie place should be er, but if it has a stage, it deserves the best, most proper spelling.

-- Posted from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment