Saturday, May 21, 2011

I am an iPhone camera

I crave beauty. I've been stopping the car at random places to jump out and take pictures of beautiful flowers, trees, clouds, etc. People think I'm crazy, but I can't help it. Everything is so beautiful right now, and I want proof for those days when it seems there is nothing beautiful in the world.

The funny thing is that the pictures don't really show what I was seeing, but they are beautiful too. Sometimes it's a little frustrating when my camera phone can't capture what my eyes can. But, it's limited focus and the fact that it doesn't see light in the same way my eyes do, creates stunning effects. If I had a good camera, I couldn't get these pictures. I don't know how to create this, but my less than fantastic camera does and can.






















Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged when my limitations and imperfections get in my way. But I'm also thankful for them. They make me who I am. There is incredible beauty in my life,not in spite of the difficult things, but because of them. And my limitations and imperfections sometimes let me see beauty that other people miss. I am an iPhone camera.

-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment: