Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Curiosity

I was going to just post some quotes about curiosity on FB, but a friend recently complained about a quote as a status, so to spare her, I'll blog about them instead.

I just got the summer catalog for Learning Life, courses offered through continuing education at the U of MN. I've been to a few of their classes/events and loved them. I think they are targeted towards retired people/senior citizens, but that doesn't bug me at all. I like hanging out with smart people regardless of their ages. Anyway, the catalog came. They are offering some amazing "Curiosity Camps" and I wish I could attend them all. They filled the blank spaces between course descriptions with quotes about curiosity.

This one is my favorite:
"My own curiosity and interests are insatiable."
Emma Lazarus, American poet

That so perfectly describes me. There are very few things that don't interest me. I will never run out of things I want to learn more about.

Here's another great one:
"Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat."
Anonymous

I might have to frame that one.

And finally, from Walt Disney:
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we are curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment