Saturday, August 29, 2009

Great week!

I've had a very productive week this week, which is good since school starts on the 8th and who knows what I'll be able to do then beyond school stuff. Actually, school stuff if what is consuming my life right now. About a month ago I made a list of all the things that I needed to do before school starts. I've been working on that list and scratching things off, but when I made a new list yesterday, it was longer, not shorter!

My studio webiste is now up and running (and almost error free). You can see it at www.jeanninerobinett.com
Prospective students can register right on the site. Current students can access their own accounts and see when they are scheduled for lessons, how much they owe, rep lists, handouts, etc. I'm excited to see how the students make use of it this year.

I've also spent a lot of time this week revising my studio guide and other handouts. I also started another blog specifically related to all my singing stuff, so hopefully I'll focus more on "deep" issues here. But, you'll still probably get what basically amounts to an online journal entry. If you're interested in the voice blog, you can see it at www.jmrvoicenotes.blogspot.com

Usually I spend Saturday digging out the mess that I make of my house all week, but today, it's not bad. I might actually get some more deep cleaning done. The funny thing is, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Here's something a little bit interesting (hopefully)--For the last few months I've been doing topical scripture study, looking up verses related to whatever interests me that day. One chapter (Colossians 3) keeps resurfacing, even though my topics keep changing. I love verses 14 and 15: "And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts..."

A related scripture that has become my new favorite is Doctrine &Covenants 88:125: "And above all things, clothe yourselves with the bond of charity, as with a mantle, which is the bond of perfectness and peace."

What would the world be like if we all did that? What would my life be like if I remembered to live like that more often? Maybe I should add that to the "To Do" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment