Thursday, August 26, 2010

Things I need someone to explain to me

Today I have too much free time, as will be obvious when you read this post. Actually, I have plenty to do, just no schedule, so I keep getting distracted by the dumbest things.

I need someone to explain these things to me, because as smart as I am, I just don't get it.

Fat free cheese--It feels and tastes like rubber. Is the idea here that you will give up cheese completely rather than eat this stuff?

Sugar free ice cream--First of all, the whole point of ice cream is the sugar. Secondly, the things they put in it to make it almost edible (taste wise, that is)are probably worse for you than just eating the sugar. Again, I ask is the idea here to get you to give it up completely?

If you have brands of no fat, no sugar foods (and I mean for things that usually contain fat and sugar) that actually taste good, please let me know.

Enough about food. Now we move to fashion.

Hoodies--Why do some people wear hoodies with the hood up even when it's not cold? Bad hair day?

Knee highs with a skirt with a slit up the back or side--I'm getting used to bra straps showing, but seeing the tops of your knee highs is weird. Am I wrong here?Pantyhose or tights-OK; bare legs-OK; knee highs where the tops are covered by your skirt or pants-OK; but unless they are socks and you're going for the school girl look, I just don't get knee highs that show.

And on to deeper things,

Trying to get the parking spot closest to the door when you are going to the gym. Huh?

Kids that have $3,000 worth of new school clothes, but can't afford a $20 book for voice lessons. I know, we have to
have priorities.

Back to food --
How do you buy chocolate chips to use to make cookies 5 days after the shopping trip? Can people really keep them hidden (from family members and themselves) for that long?

I really have to go do something productive now.

-- Posted from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I'm guilty of the knee-high socks paired with a skirt with a slit. My only excuse is that the socks are compression socks to prevent my feet from swelling up. Other than that, I have no excuse. (I am ashamed)

    And the chocolate chip thing--I love chocolate chip cookies and most things made with chocolate chips, but the Lord blessed me to be able to resist chocolate chips. I can go years without touching the chocolate chips and most of the time I'm too lazy to make cookies myself. I keep 15 lbs of chocolate chips in my food storage just in case I'm not too lazy. Or my kids aren't lazy.

    I don't understand the hoods-up thing either. Or fat free cheese or ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I guess I can make an exception for compression socks. That's a good excuse.

    15 pounds of chocolate chips in my food storage would be truly scary. 2 or 3 days later, they would be gone and I would be sicker than a dog. On the plus side, that my cure me of my chocolate obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gym one is funny. I think I've done that. And chocolate chips have about a 36 hour shelf life around here, with no one to blame but me.

    ReplyDelete