Friday, October 18, 2013

This Introvert's Version of a Perfect Day Off

On Wednesday when I mentioned to someone that I was excited for the long weekend, he asked what my plans were.  I've had this conversation before, but the answer came more quickly and with more conviction this time.  And for the first time, I felt like I didn't have to justify it to anyone.  It is what I want and what I need.  How other people spend their free time is up to them.  My free time is mine.

I was excited for the weekend because for a period of about 37 hours, I would have no commitments to anyone else and nothing that had to be done at a certain time.  I sleep when I'm tired.  I eat when I'm hungry.  If I don't feel like getting dressed, I stay in my pajamas.  My life is not ruled by the clock and I can listen to what my body needs and wants.  I might go somewhere today, if I feel like it.  I might do some reading.  I might clean the house.

Right now, I'm blogging and enjoying the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment