Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fibro fog and other frustrations

Life with fibromyalgia.  Basically, there are 4 types of days that I have as I live with this condition.

1.  Days when both my body and brain refuse to work correctly.  I'm tired, I hurt, and I can't think clearly.  I know I'm in trouble when I can't even focus enough to read a book.  Teaching is a battle.  I can do it, but it takes so much energy to stay focused through the fog that I just come home and crash.
2.  Days when my body wants to work, but my brain doesn't.
3.  Days when my brain is on fire, but my body can't keep up with all the brain wants to do.
4.  Those oh so rare days when my brain and my body both function well.

Sometimes I cycle through these and sometimes they just occur in any random order.  For more than a week, I've been struggling with both mind and body.  But then I gave myself 12 hours of sleep on Friday night, and by Sunday morning (actually really late Saturday night), my body wanted to work.  I actually accomplished more around the house than I have in a long time.  Now my brain is trying to wake up too.  There are glimpses of clarity.  Is it too much to hope that I'm moving into one of those times when I can think and do the things I want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment