Thursday, October 21, 2010

Freezer meals

Facebook wouldn't post this first paragraph, so I was forced to write more and make it a blog post.

Two and a half hours, 3 grocery stores, $160 and numerous trips up and down the stairs hauling in and putting away the food. Now the fun begins! By Monday morning, my freezer will be filled with individual portions of ranch bean chili, hearty macaroni casserole, chili bake, chicken pot pie, enchiladas, creamy sweet potato and butternut squash soup, and a few other things I'll throw together with the leftover ingredients.

Tonight I made enchiladas and while they were in the oven, I put together the hearty macaroni casserole. But then it was dinner time and I had two meals ready, so I had to try a little of each. The enchiladas were good. I found just the right amount of spicy this time. I was a little nervous about the casserole since I've never used this recipe before, but it turned out great. The Italian style diced tomatoes really made it tasty. I think this one will be added to the regular rotation.

Tomorrow I will start with the ranch bean chili (another new recipe) and the chili bake (a chili based casserole that I made up). Both of those can go straight to the freezer. I love having a freezer, fridge, and cupboards full of food. The only hard part is deciding what to eat. I want it all now.

By the way, I was too full after dinner to try the Boo Berry or Franken Berry cereal. It will have to wait for another day.

Does anyone have any ideas why I love most chocolate things, but was not in the least bit tempted to buy Count Chocula? I know we had that at my grandparents' house too. Oh well, saved me from the calories and wasted money.

-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment: