Sunday, March 7, 2010

ACDA Conference

Someday, I would like to have amazing professional enrichment events that don't cost more than I can afford and don't leave me exhausted and feeling unprepared for returning to work. But I know that that will never happen in my life time, so I just have to make the best of it.

Wednesday through Saturday of last week, I attended an amazing conference in Minneapolis. At this point, I think it was totally worth all the money I spent, but we'll see how I feel when I see the total amount I put on my credit card. In addition to hearing amazing music, I was able to attend sessions by Alice Parker (major choral arranger), Eric Whitacre (amazing composer), and The Real Group. If you don't know The Real Group, check them out on YouTube. They gave a fabulous concert on Thursday night, and also did a couple of sessions on Wednesday during Immersion Day. I really enjoyed their performing, but was also really impressed with them as people and as educators. The worst thing about the conference was that I couldn't attend everything. I know I missed several wonderful sessions either because I was in another session at that time or I was just too tired to go.

I'm also really worn out and my house is a disaster. I've been home only long enough to add to the mess, not clean it up. I could be cleaning right now, but I just don't have the energy. I did manage to wash the sheets and make sure I have clean clothes for tomorrow. That will have to be good enough.

The next week is a busy one as we prepare for All-State auditions on Friday. Sometime soon I've also got to do my taxes and get my info in for the presentation I'm doing at the MMTA Convention in June. At least I never have time to be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment